Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What Drives the Water Cycle? 

Evaporation is the process by which water changes from a liquid to a gas or vapor. This is the primary pathway that water moves from the liquid state back into the water cycle as atmospheric vapor. Studies show that the oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers provide close to 90 percent of the moisture in the atmosphere through evaporation, with the remaining 10 percent being contributed by plant transpiration.