Friday, March 13, 2015



Ice Fishing to Triathlon

These images were shared by Erin S- nope, not me, another water loving Erin S.

"The first was taken in December on my family's hunting land in Michigan. We have a pond there that freezes over every winter. We shovel it off for ice skating and ice fishing. In the picture I am explaining to my little cousin how the fish are still under the ice, and we just have to be patient for them to get hungry."

"The second image was taken at triathlon training camp. Triathlon is a sport that I've fallen in love with, and that has changed my life. I wasn't a swimmer when I first started so getting in the water was really scary for me - especially the times when it was cold and dark outside. I've learned so much about conquering fears, and not letting negative thoughts get the best of me. My experiences being in the water with triathlon has brought a lot of challenges, but also so much healing to my life."

These two photographs depict my personal experience with water. We know it to be the center of all life, but I know I relate to it on a deep level. Water has taught me patience, trust, confidence, and perseverance from fishing from the time I was very young, to swimming in my college years. Water has allowed me to live in a physical way, but has allowed me to live in a much fuller way in the lessons it has brought me, too. 

"If there is magic on this planet it is contained in water." Loran Eisley